Rides & Social Events – For your diary and Event Calendar
Victorian Breakfast Club (VBC)
*The Victorian Breakfast Club meets each month at various locations around the state, on the 2nd Saturday of the month.
November 11th 2017
November's gathering (November 11th) will be at Cafe Avviva (Stockdale Shopping Centre) in Franklin St, Traralgon at 9.30am. This will be aligned with Gippsland Central Branch's 20th anniversary. You may want to book for the Saturday evening meal with the Gippsland Central branch. Check out the VBC facebook page for details of the anniversary flyer.
December 9th 2017
December's gathering will be at DMAC on Market (17 Market St Cohuna), at 9.30am, to coincide with Central Victoria branch's campout at Tree Tops Log Cabin camp in Cohuna. All welcome to camp Friday and Saturday nights.
For further information email Paul on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out their Facebook page: 'Victorian Breakfast Club'. Hope to see YOU there!
Border Bike Fest – Wodonga – October 29th
From Albury/Wodonga Branch.
- Venue – Gateway Lakes, Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga
- Public entry from 10am to 2pm – Adults $5 (children under 12 with an adult are free)
- No alcohol or pets permitted at this event
- Bike Registration 8am to 10am - $10 per entrant and includes $5 lunch voucher
- All proceeds from the Border Bike Fest go to supporting local charities.
- Further information from Michael Georgiou (Lions) 0408 691 224 or Leo Briggs 0438 591 692
Gisborne Rotary Victoria – Poker Dice Run – November 5th
Rotarian Motorbike riders with Gisborne Rotary have invited all Ulysseans to be part of a Poker Dice run. The run is to raise funds for Children's Tumour Foundation Australia and will be through the beautiful Macedon Ranges. These are always good fun. Further details from Dawn Faircloth – 5427 1418 (AH) or email@example.com
20th Anniversary for the Gippsland Central Branch - 11th November 2017
Celebrations will be on Saturday 11th of November 2017.
- There will be a re-enactment ride in the morning from Traralgon to the same destination of the first ride of two decades ago.
- Dinner at the Italian Australian Sporting and Social Club in Morwell. Buffet meal of main and dessert.
- The first 100 Ulysseans to register will receive an anniversary badge.
- Display and discussion on the evening by Ken Robinson (Black Ice Racing Team, and current holder of the World's Land Speed Record on a motorbike).
- VBC will also be holding their breakfast meeting at Cafe Eviva on Saturday 11th
RSVP by October 11th 2017 – Marg Van Rossum firstname.lastname@example.org or M: 0427 221 973
Riding On Winter edition (pages 36 and 37) have more details including a registration form.
Memorial Day – November 12th 2017
The 2017 Ulysses Club Victorian Memorial Ride will be held on the 12th November this year at the Mount Macedon Memorial Cross.
As in previous years, members will assemble at Centennial Park at the foot of Mt Macedon for a 12.00 departure ride up to the Cross on Mt Macedon. After gathering at the Cross there will be a short memorial service where we will pay our respects to those who have ridden on in the previous year.
At the end of the ceremony we will depart and ride back to the park for a meet with other members. The purchase of soft drinks and BBQ sausages will be available courtesy of the Geelong Branch, for which we thank them for their continuing support.
Yarra Ranges Branch 2017 Twin Spurs Rally – 24-26th November
- Friday night BBQ and drinks at Marysville Holiday Park
- Saturday and Sunday BBQ breakfast at Marysville Holiday Park
- Registration $15 per person badge and entry to Saturday night function (MEALS NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE)
- TWO organised rides of "Twin Spurs" local area on Saturday
- Saturday night Spit Roast dinner at nearby Marysville Community Centre (BYO drinks and glasses)
- Music and dancing with Yarra Ranges DJ Nick Tandy
- Raffles with great prizes – drawn on Saturday night
Marysville Holiday Park options – PH 5963 3247 or www.marysvillecaravanpark.com.au Powered and unpowered caravan / camping sites, singles or doubles cabins. Linen and towels NOT included with all cabins. Accommodation of your choosing elsewhere to be arranged by you.
Further details and registrations contact
Liz Phillips – 0418 990 033 email@example.com or
Denise Greenhalgh 0417 696 041 firstname.lastname@example.org
South Gippsland Branch – Groggy Wombat Rally – February 16-18th 2018
Held at the Meeniyan Recreation Reserve. Registration $15 prepaid (including badge) or $20 on the day (including badge). Day trippers $5 (or $10 including badge)
Show & Shine Saturday morning and live music on Saturday night.
For more information or to register contact Trevor on 0408 317 342
Albury/Wodonga Branch Tallangatta Rally – March 2-4 2018
Held at Tallangatta Showgrounds there is free camping in unpowered sites or you may prefer one of the hotels or motels in town.
Registration is $20 prepaid or $25 on arrival. First 100 receive a badge.
Breakfast $12 per person and Saturday evening meal $20 per person.
For further details contact Heather Knowles 0429 962 419 or Bill Allott 0417 652 974
Toy Run dates are starting to trickle in.
We all enjoy Toy Runs so please let me know date and details of any Toy Run in your area and please let me know if any of these dates are incorrect.
Link to list of Toy Runs or copy and paste http://www.toyrun.org.au/index.php?page=local-toyruns
*Echuca – November 25th
Departure from Bunnings car park Echuca at 8.30am
*Bendigo – November 26th
Departure from Lansell Square car park at 8.30am or from Castlemaine at 8.30am. Destination Civic Gardens
*Horsham (Natimuk to Horsham) – November 26th
Departure from Natimuk at 9.30am. Muster groups leaving from Donald, Warracknabeal, Nhill, Ararat and Horsham BP Wimmera Bridge.
*Gippsland – December 2nd
Departure from Nefertiti Court, Traralgon, at 11.00am
* Portland Toy Run – December 2nd
Departure from Heywood - Contact David Upton 03 55217419
*Peninsula – December 2nd
Departure from Frankston at 9.30am (assemble at Frankston Pier carpark from 7.30am)
*Central Highlands (Ballarat) – December 9th
Departure from Crown Hotel carpark, Buninyong at 10am. Destination Victoria Park.
*Bairnsdale – December 10th
Departure from Bairnsdale Riverside Caravan Park at 10am-10.30am
*Geelong – December 10th
Departing Deakin carpark (cnr Cavendish St & Western Beach Rd – entry off Gheringhap St) at 10am.
*Melbourne – December 17th
Starting points include Cranbourne, Dandenong, Eltham, Epping, Ferntree Gully, Gembrook, Lilydale, Yarra Valley, Melton, State Netball Hockey Centre, Wallan and Werribee.
Sharryn Nankervis #36204
M: 0417 355 326